A Human Movement
Saturday, June 28, 2003
 
A lone Saturday, with Nick at work doing whatever he does, Scott plogging away somewhere by himself, and Josh gazing at the California sun alongside SAV. For the record, it is a beautiful day here in New York.

Hey, so new developments: Ann says that I have been sleepwalking. Last night was not the first time she said it, so it is not a rare occurance. I told her to try and wake me up at any cost, and last night she said she tried very hard to wake me, but that it was impossible since I said I was awake. I have zero recollection of any of the experiences. Ann said she could tell I was not really awake, because I was talking to her as though I did not know her, and I had no memory of the day, she said I was just very frustrated at everything. She says that last night I went to the shower and turned it on and off repeatedly, and when asked why I claimed it was the "Water Cleansing System." I sort of wish Ann would talk to me more when I am in this state, but it seems that she is more scared of it, then interested.

\Som*nam"bu*lism\, n. [Cf. F. somnambulisme. See Somnambulation.] A condition of the nervous system in which an individual during sleep performs actions approppriate to the waking state; a state of sleep in which some of the senses and voluntary powers are partially awake; noctambulism.

I have done some reading and it seems that this sleepwaking (somnambulism) is probably just related to simple alcohol abuse. It seems that alcohol can charge some electric activity in the temporal lobe of one's brain, casuing innapropriate activity to occur when a person is approaching deep sleep, (the deepest stage before non-REM sleep) and make the person be in a state of both 'awake' and 'asleep.' Alcohol allows the dysfunctional transition into deep sleep to occur more readily, leading to somnambulism.
They say that people who this happens to, should stop their drinking abuse, or meditate before sleep to cool down the effect of the alcohol on the brain. Somnambulism cannot occur during REM sleep because during REM sleep the body is actually paralyzed and cannot move. I did not know this, it seems that our bodies have evolved in such a way that we know to shut our motor-nerves entirely down before entering REM-dream sleep for fear that if we could move during REM sleep we might try to act out our dreams. This seems like another case of bad evolution. anyway...

I don't know what all this sleepwalking really means, perhaps that I need something else instead of drinks to relieve my stress with. One thing is for sure, I have been creeping ann out at night, by appearing possesed and being 'not' me while being me. I wonder if it happens when she is not here? I would have no idea? I wonder how hard she is trying to wake me. Perhaps I just need a good kick in the ass? I think I want ann to video tape it the next time it might occur.

anyway not trying to raise eyebrows or get in the way, just keeping the blog.
>>TL
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
working towards a spiritual conception of information...those visiting this page are in the presence of the deposited brain in the form of electric text embracing inclusive and spectacular ideas where possibility is mirrored less by occurances and more by the bodiless time-frame granularity come globule mark

ARCHIVES
May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / April 2007 /


Whereas understanding is a foundation
Whereas mind should move
Whereas things have limits
Resolved that knowledge is king.

Powered by Blogger